Here is one of my most favorite quotes of all time:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness
That most frightens us.
We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small
Does not serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us;
It’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we’re liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.”
– Marianne Williamson
Begin the work to take back your mind, your identity, and your perceptions
When my wife left me, I knew I had to change my state of mind. I had to change who I was to become a better father and a better person for my future self. I didn’t know if my wife would ever forgive me and I didn’t know if I had just lost my family forever. I had a decision to blame others and wallow in my misery or I could make a decision to change my path. I didn’t choose to have this challenge or ailment, but it was still my responsibility to recover from it.
Nobody is going to save you, you have to save yourself.
The difference makers
These are the 7 steps I took to take my name and my identity back.
- Focus on your Mental Health. Balance your negative emotions. Find a counselor or a support group to work through your thoughts and your heavy emotions. Speak your thoughts.
- Journal- Develop your inner voice and shun the thoughts that don’t serve you. Getting your thoughts down in writing allows you to begin to really see your thoughts.
- Growth Mindset- Feed your mind to escape this cycle. There are mountains of knowledge out there. I have tried to put together a starter kit in this blog. You must read and listen to content that lights you up. The books and podcasts that I have read and listened to in the last 2 years have provided light and happiness in my life.
- Exercise. Take care of your body. We need to detox our bodies and our minds. Sweating through physical exercise is helping your body to detox. 30 minutes a day.
- Be outdoors- Hike, bike, run, be in water. The Earth is healing.
- Be Alone for the purpose and intent to Meditate. Take time to yourself to ponder the things you are learning. 15 minutes a day.
- Become a producer of good works- Contribute positively to society. Age omne bonum. Do all good.
I will address these steps in the upcoming blog posts.
#addiction #sexaddiction #pornaddiction #recovery #health #life #love #addictionrecovery #somaticexperience #hope #fightthenewdrug #nofap